Tales and thoughts from the founder of NormSoft (maker of Pocket Tunes), working and living in St. Croix, USVI

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Geek Leisure

After a rather stressful week of dealing with the Pocket Tunes 2.2 release, subsequent 2.2.1 patch release, and numerous email worms and difficulties, I decided to take it easy this afternoon and indulge in some "geek leisure".  So I'm learning PHP and MySQL.  My first goal is to write a customer database tool for our web site so that customers can look up their past orders and registration codes and change their email preferences.  I've already automated the links on the pTunes homepage to add yourself to the mailing list, etc.  PHP looks pretty cool, but I'm sure everyone knows that already.

Next I'm going to delete my unused cookies.  And you though Palm developers were the coolest guys around...

And tomorrow I'll indulge in some non-geek leisure and watch the game on my widescreen HDTV *silly grin*  Go Pats!

 

No comments: