Tales and thoughts from the founder of NormSoft (maker of Pocket Tunes), working and living in St. Croix, USVI

Monday, July 21, 2008

Apple's MobileMe not ready for prime time

I signed up for MobileMe today, and it just plain doesn't work.

After futzing with it for nearly an hour, it finally synced my data from my Mac to me.com. Before that, me.com just showed a blank calendar and contacts.

But then, trying to open the calendar or contacts was excruciating. It sat there for minutes and still hadn't drawn all the appointments. And while it's doing this, there's no indication that it's busy, and you can't click on anything. Totally useless. And this is with Safari, Apple's own browser.

Immediately canceled my account. Maybe I'll try MobileMe 2.0, but I'll stick with Plaxo for now for calendar and contact sync... Apple's trying to do too much.

2 comments:

Beach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.