Tales and thoughts from the founder of NormSoft (maker of Pocket Tunes), working and living in St. Croix, USVI

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rosetta Stone customer support is horrible

Wow, this is unbelievable. I ordered a Rosetta Stone subscription 2 months ago, and immediately had a problem using it on my Mac. Every time I tried to say something, it messed with my volume and ended up not recognizing what I was trying to say. It worked okay on my PC but that means I can't practice while I'm traveling and only have my Mac with me.

So I emailed support on April 26, 2008. I just today got a response: June 24, 2008! It took them two months to respond.

What's worse is that their response contains only a list of information that they need to troubleshoot a problem, all of which I've already included. They didn't even attempt to answer the question.

So even though they have a monkey at the keyboard pasting the same unhelpful response to everyone, it still takes them 2 months to get through their support.

Rosetta Stone obviously doesn't care about their customers; they just want to collect the dollar bills and then tell you to go screw. Don't support this kind of BS. I'm going to demand a refund.

If you ever have a bad experience with NormSoft support, I want to hear about it right away. Our support engineers are highly-qualified and trained to avoid wasting our customers' time whenever possible.

1 comment:

Beach said...

and I was going to buy Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish Yuk! guess I will remain monolingual.

Now as to Normsoft Tech Support. Lets tell the FACTS!

When I get one of your tech support men to work over his dinner and upgrade my service, and make it work, for this very technically challenged man, I sure could NOT have any complaints! Just wish my company tech support was 50% as good!