Tales and thoughts from the founder of NormSoft (maker of Pocket Tunes), working and living in St. Croix, USVI

Friday, March 05, 2004

Weather.com Gold

So weather.com just started offering a Gold service for $20/year.  You get no ads, faster maps, blah blah blah.  I've always said that I would sign up for such a service if it existed, so I felt obliged to do so.

It's a good idea, but so far it's plagued with problems.  The web interface is really confusing to use.  It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to customize my main page.  And it doesn't offer as much functionality as the free version!  For example, you can't click on a particular day in the 10-day forecast and see the detailed forecast for that day.

I wrote them a letter of complaint; I'll probably never hear back from them.

 

No comments: